My client has seven regional operations at locations across England and create new, sustainable communities, with a strategic focus on the south of the country. Their product range encompasses two-bed starter properties through to large six-bed family homes, with the design and construction blending tradition with innovation, creating quality dwellings and developments with contemporary living standards. Their people have skills across a range of fields, including land buying, planning, design, surveying, engineering, purchasing, construction, sales and marketing, public relations and customer service.
Provide the business with cost management for assigned developments from land procurement to the completion of sub-contract final accounts and statutory authority adoption certificates.
· Maintain a record of current build costs & rates and liaise with the Senior Estimator to ensure all records are current.
· Attend the site pre-start meeting to receive construction issue drawings and determine build and sales strategy.
· Compile tender packages for all sub-contract trades
· Receive tenders and qualify.
· Compile and present CV2 tender summary sign-off
· Obtain authorisation to ‘let’ all sub-contract orders valued over thresholds
· Place and issue sub-contract orders
· Compile reports on contract letting vs. estimate for each site periodically, as required.
· Liaise with Build Department on sub-contractors’
Post Commencement Activities
· Attend and project team meetings as required.
· Complete sub-contract orders
· Set up and regularly review with the Site Management team
· To liaise with Company Management and provide all necessary forecast and site budget information
· Attend a monthly cost valuation meeting.
· Control and report post contract cost movements per development every month.
· Review Professional Fee provisions and statutory service cost, and credits, with the Technical Department.
· Ensure invoices/applications for payments are processed
· Issue Payment Withhold Notices, where a contractor application, or part thereof, is in dispute in accordance with Construction Act.
· Diligently use the Construction System to manage site project administration
· Assist in the regular review of materials on-site and material valuations.
· Agree and process all Sales Variation requests, including works to show homes, stock plots and sales incentive works in accordance with Group Procedures.
· Properly categorise on the Construction System “unscheduled” and “scheduled” order amendments.
· Settle all variation invoices/applications for payment
· Process groundwork’s payments/applications for payment
· Ensure the collection of retention against all sub-contract
· Complete and agree sub-contract final accounts within 6 months of the last legal completion on-site and prior to the first release of retention to the individual sub-contractors.
Post Site Completion
· Maintain final account schedule.
· Maintain completed development provision on CV1.
· Maintain CV2 reserves as part of the ‘Old Site Reserve’ central file.
· Liaise with the Technical Department to secure site adoptions and tender, let and administer maintenance orders, as required.
· Complete formal site closedown procedure
Control of Company Resource
· Assist the Commercial Director / Manager to ensure:
· correct financial controls of sites is maintained at all times,
· all sub-contract payments are recorded and processed through the surveyors and payments clerks
· Inform the management team of any abnormal cost or circumstances which will have a significant effect on cost or have long term cost implications.
• HNC / HND in Surveying
• Candidates must be prepared to complete a degree course as part of their employment
• At least 1 year experience working within a residential house builder
• Experience maybe gained from a similar position or promotion
• A good understanding or building regulations and legal obligations
• A good knowledge or construction methods and materials
Special skills or knowledge
• Strong mathematical and IT ability
• Ability to assess and analyse information
• Good business sense
• Good understanding of budget management
• Negotiating and networking skills
Education, training or qualifications
• Degree in Surveying or similar
• Working towards being a Member of the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), or Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
If you would like any more information and would like to discuss further please don’t hesitate in contacting James Dawson – Director – on 01274 505696 / 07850602097 or email your CV to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website www.pmdrs.co.uk to see all live roles.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.