||P6 Planner – Contract (3-6 months)
|Job category (multi-select)
||A leading civil engineering and construction company mainly operating within the water industry and directly employing over 1000 people. They are a business who believes in investing in our employees with over £1m spent on
training and development last year.
||An excellent opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual to support their project teams in delivering the planning function on projects delivered for their client – WEM Framework.
As a P6 Planner you will be responsible for:
* Involvement with Site Team in all aspects of project planning, programming and progress monitoring, including information flow, procurement, and site works.
* To liaise with the Client, subcontractors, suppliers and designers on all matters relating to planning, and to attend and contribute to site meetings and other associated meetings.
* Assist in the management of change in regards of impact on programmes and progress.
* Provide the planning service on tenders and projects
* Attend pre-contract meeting to explain the planning aspects of the contract.
* Office based or site based as an integral part of the bid or project teams.
* Monitor and prepare a progress report on the project programme.
* Maintain look ahead programmes and advise on implications to both Client & Project Team.
* Competence of Planning software (Primavera P6)
* Consider and discuss alternatives with the Project Manager.
* Advise and liaise with in-house temporary work and design engineers of project requirements.
* Contribute to Risk Assessment and review of programme and method
Implement Company procedures.
* Appraise, co-ordinate and integrate subcontract and design programmes.
* Champions good planning practice by all involved in the project
* Maintain the as-built programme, be able to tell the story of what happened and why
* Act as map maker for the project
||The ideal candidate will have the following experience / qualifications:
* Primavera P6 experience is essential. Microsoft Project would be desirable but not essential.
* Appropriate Degree (desirable) / HNC (minimum).
* CSCS card required.
* Extensive industry experience in Civil Engineering and Infrastructure
* Ability to communicate the planning strategy for a complex programme to the wider team to ensure accuracy of information.
* Experience of working within a collaborative environment.
* Knowledge of Project Controls including earned value and schedule risk analysis.
* Other software Microsoft applications including Excel, Powerpoint, Word is desirable
Full driving license is essential.
- Company car or Car Allowance (£7-8k) dependent on position and salary
- Pension scheme matched
- Health Care
- Child Care
- 26 days’ holiday – extra unpaid available
- Company phone and laptop
- Bi-annual bonus 8-10%
If you would like any more information and would like to discuss further please don’t hesitate in contacting James Dawson – Director – on 01274 505696 / 07850602097 or email your CV to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website www.pmdrs.co.uk to see all live roles.